Minneola Tangelo Ginger Muffins With Crunchy Pecan Glaze
Sweet-tart minneola tangelos combine with ginger and a crunchy pecanglaze to make these muffins a delicious treat worthy of holidaybrunches – or anytime you feel the need for a special treat.They’ll stay moist if you keep them covered in the fridge for up tofive days.
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tangelos zest & juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/3 cup safflower oil
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF, and line a 12-count muffin pan with paper liners, or grease each cup lightly.
- Add the flour, baking powder and soda, ginger, sugar, and finely grated tangelo zest to a large bowl. Stir to combine the ingredients evenly.
- In a second bowl, beat the egg lightly. Add the yogurt and oil. Beat until thoroughly blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, folding over until only just combined. Do not over stir - muffin batter should always be somewhat lumpy.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed pecans, cinnamon and 1 teaspoon sugar. Spoon evenly over the 12 muffins.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until a clean knife inserted in the center pulls out clean.
- To make the glaze, combine the icing sugar and tangelo juice in a small bowl. Beat until the sugar has dissolved.
- When the muffins come out of the oven, drizzle the glaze on top while they are still warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!