Moro Blood Orange Salsa Verde
The rich color and scintillating flavor of Moro blood oranges only comes around for a few months out of every year. To make the most of it, and enjoy it to its fullest, you can make relishes like this Moro blood orange salsa verde. Salsa verde – which literally means green sauce – is known in many parts of the world aside from Spain, and it’s something of a misnomer in the case of this red and green beauty. Its vibrant pop of flavor can be used to liven up chicken and fish dishes, in tacos and with tortilla chips as a healthy snack.
- 3 Moro blood oranges peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup fresh Moro blood orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 scallions finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Moro orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the Moro orange segments to a bowl.
- Add the other ingredients and toss to blend thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!