Moro Bloody Orange Mary
This tasty drink combines the best of two classics – the Bloody Mary and the screwdriver – subbing Moro blood oranges to create a whole new taste combination. The Moro blood orange is uniquely fragrant and is among the darkest of the blood oranges, for a vibrant look that matches the taste
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup aquavit or vodka
- 3/4 cups freshly squeezed Moro blood orange juice
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- freshly ground pepper
- ice cubes
- 1 Moro blood orange cut into wedges
- 1-2 tomatoes cut into wedges
- Add the tomato juice, aquavit or vodka, Moro blood orange and lemon juices, horseradish, and hot sauce to a large pitcher.
- Use a large whisk to blend thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, add ice to glasses, garnishing each with an orange wedge and a tomato wedge.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!