Orange Pumpkin Spice Loaf
With tangy orange contrasting pumpkin and rich spices, what's not to like about this wonderfully fragrant quick bread? Breakfast, snack, or served as dessert with a dollop of whipped or ice cream, it's a taste that will remind you of the fall no matter what time of year it is.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 oranges zest & juice
- Preheat the oven to to 350°F, and prepare an 8-inch loaf pan by lightly greasing and flouring.
- Measure the flours into a large bowl and mix together.
- Now add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices, and sift together to distribute evenly. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- In a second bowl, cream together the sugars and butter. Add the eggs and combine.
- Add the pumpkin, yogurt, orange juice and zest, and blend together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the well in the dry ingredients, and fold together until just blended - do not over mix.
- Bake in the oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until a clean knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!