Healthy and delicious, this smoothie blends tropical fruits and coconut milk for a delightful blend of flavors. It’s a perfect quick breakfast or snack, and you can add ice to the mix for a frozen treat.
- 1 pummelo
- 2 passion fruits
- 1 orange
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Chia seeds optional, to sprinkle on top
- With a sharp knife, remove the peel from the pummelo, along with as much of the white pith as you can.
- Cut in half, and then cut into the membranes to release the flesh and any juices that come out into a bowl.
- Remove the seeds from the passion fruit (unless you don’t mind the slight bitterness they may add. You can also add 1 tablespoon of honey to offset the taste). Cut the flesh into chunks.
- Peel and chop the orange and banana.
- Add the fruits and coconut milk to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle with chia seeds, if desired, and serve immediately.
Note: this recipe makes enough for a bowl of smoothie for 1 or 2.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!