Quick Spicy Lemon Shrimp
Shrimp cocktail is a classic appetizer. This version adds loads of flavor, using lemon, Dijon mustard, garlic, and red pepper for an extra edge. It’s sure to be a hit, whether you’re serving guests at a party, or your own crew on TV night at home.
- 50 medium shrimp peeled and deveined.
- 2 lemons juice & zest
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Add the shrimp to a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a simmering boil at a medium setting. Cook for about 5 minutes – until they are just pink.
- While they cook, add the lemon zest and juice to a bowl, along with the mustard and crushed garlic. Mix together.
- Add the red onion, and stir.
- Now, add the olive oil in a steady drizzle, whisking constantly as you do.
- When the shrimp are ready, drain them quickly, and add them to the dressing while they are still warm so the flavors blend well.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- To serve, you can pat them dry if you like, or leave them a little moist, and thread them through toothpicks to form rounds.
- Arrange on a tray and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!