Here’s a luscious variation on the classic lemon square, perfect for box or brown bag lunches, a mid-day snack with tea or coffee, or dessert any night of the week. The tartness of the lemons contrasts the sweetness, with a creamy texture that is sure to make these a go-to favorite.
9 graham crackers
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 pound cream cheese room temperature and cut into approximately 1-inch pieces
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
2 large eggs
1 cup Lemon Curd, warm or at room temperature
- Heat the oven to 325°F.
- Line a pie plate with parchment paper.
- Process the graham crackers into a finely ground mixture.
- Add the melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Add the crumb/butter mixture to the parchment paper lined pan and press the mixture firmly so that it creates an even crust.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and zest in a bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the eggs and continue to blend smoothly.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust.
- Place in the oven on a middle rack and bake about 40 minutes. The sides should look puffed and the center should be dry to the touch.
- Once the cake is out of the oven, pour the lemon curd over it and spread it evenly.
- Place in the fridge and chill for about 5 hours, or overnight.
- Cut into squares and lift out of the pan as needed.