Coffee cake is the ideal snack – delicious, yet sturdy enough to take to work or school with lunch, and perfect as a pick-me-up any time of day. This version uses the uniquely fragrant taste of Meyer lemons and raspberries with a classic crumbly topping. Best of all, it’s easy to make. Enjoy!
2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
2 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
1 tablespoon finely grated Meyer lemon peel
1 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup flour
6 tablespoons softened butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice
- Make this first, so you’ll have it ready when the cake batter is done.
- Add 1 cup sugar and 2/3 cup flour in a bowl and blend.
- Cut in the 6 tablespoons of butter with two knives until the mixture is crumbly and relatively evenly textured.
- Sift the 2 cups flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine 1/4 cup milk, 3/4 cups sugar, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup butter, egg, Meyer lemon juice and zest. Beat the mixture until it has a creamy texture.
- Add the flour/baking powder mixture in spoonfuls, folding the dry ingredients into the batter until just blended together. Do not beat.
- Fold in in the raspberries.
- Add the batter to a 10-inch cake pan in spoonfuls.
Baking & Glaze
- Sprinkle the crumb topping on top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Once the cake is done, combine the Meyer lemon juice and icing sugar for the glaze, blending until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.