Roast Cara Cara Oranges
Sweet, delicious Cara Cara oranges are as pretty as they are delectable. With their rosy, juicy flesh, they make the perfect snack just as they are. But, to make the most of the season, you can quickly and easy roast them. Serve them warm on their own as a snack, or add it to a cheese table at your next party. It’s also a wonderful topping for cakes and other desserts. You can also remove the rinds, and add them to a healthy salad.
- 3 Cara Cara oranges
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1/2 cup pistachios chopped
- Slice the oranges into quarter or eighth wedges, depending on size.
- Heat the oven to a broil.
- Use aluminum foil to line a baking sheet.
- Arrange the orange wedges in a single layer on top of the foil, skin side down.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of honey, and drizzle the rest over the orange wedges.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and ginger, taking care to spread them as evenly as possible.
- Broil for about 4 or 5 minutes. The orange wedges should begin to brown.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey over the oranges, and top with pistachios.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!