Roasted Cauliflower With Lemon, Garlic & Herbs
If your only experience with cauliflower has been steamed or boiled, you’ll be surprised at how much flavor it takes on when roasted. Add crushed garlic, lemon zest and juice, and herbs, with a dusting of Parmesan to finish, and it’s much more than a side dish. Add a loaf of French bread, or a tasty rice dish, and it’s the perfect vegan entree.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan finely shredded
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut the head of cauliflower in half, and then, with a sharp knife, cut around the central stem on each side. If you do it right, the florets should fall off from the center. Cut them in half if necessary so that they are all a relatively uniform size. Place them in a large bowl.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and sprinkle it over the bottom of a large shallow baking dish. Set the baking dish aside for now.
- In a small bowl, combine the grated lemon zest and juice, remaining olive oil, minced garlic and rosemary. Using a fork, stir the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and stir again.
- Pour the lemon and oil mixture over the cauliflower florets, tossing them to coat the florets on all sides.
- Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer on the baking dish.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the florets are browned around the edges.
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Return to the oven for another 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Note: Any leftovers make a great addition to salads, soups, or stews.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!