Roasted Lemon, Garlic & Cauliflower Parmesan
This side dish will steal the show, even on holidays and special occasions. Roasting enhances the natural flavors of lemons, garlic, and cauliflower, with luscious Parmesan and crunchy sunflower seeds to add their goodness to the mix. While it pairs perfectly with a holiday turkey or Sunday roast, the leftovers will make a spectacular lunchtime feast.
- 1 cauliflower cut into florets
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 4-5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Stir together olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic, thyme, and cauliflower florets to a large bowl. Pour the oil/lemon juice mixture over it and toss.
- Add the lemon slices and sunflower seeds, and toss again lightly.
- Spread the mixture over the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Top with Parmigiano cheese, reserving a little.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning the mixture once halfway through. The cauliflower should be tender, and the garlic golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving platter. Top with lemon zest and reserved Parmigiano cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!