Roasted Root Vegetables With Meyer Lemon & Herbs
Fragrant Meyer lemons and herbs lend flavor and color to a rich medley of root vegetables in this delectable recipe. It’s a flavor-packed side dish for roast meats or fish, or a vegan dish perfect to pair with a green salad. Nutritious and bright, it’s a pick-me-up comfort food for a cool winter’s night.
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 pound carrots
- 1/2 pound parsnips
- 1/2 pound beets
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary chopped
- 2 Meyer lemons
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut the Meyer lemons into thin slices and remove any seeds. Set aside for now.
- Wash the vegetables, and cut the potatoes, carrots, parsnips and beets into 2-inch pieces. Add them to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, thyme, rosemary, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon a little over the Meyer lemon slices. Then, pour the rest over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Arrange the vegetables on a baking sheet, with the Meyer lemon slices on top.
- Roast in the oven for about 40 minutes, turning once. The vegetables and lemon slices should be very tender and golden brown at the edges.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!