Ruby Grapefruit Walnut Salad
This crunchy, delicious salad is ready quickly and makes the perfect lunch entree, appetizer or side dish. Nutrition-wise, it’s a complete package, including protein and vitamin-rich red grapefruits to add color, flavor, and goodness. Add our luscious vinaigrette, and it’s fit for the finest company.
- 1 cup walnut pieces roughly chopped
- 2 ruby grapefruits washed
- 1/2 cup dates pitted, sliced
- 4 cups mixed salad greens chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit zest finely grated
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and bake in the oven until browned and toasted, or about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Zest the grapefruit, and set aside the zest.
- Cut the grapefruits in half, and set aside one of the halves. With the remaining three, cut out the flesh from the membrane into a bowl to catch all the flesh and juice.
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining half into a small bowl, and set aside for now.
- Add the chopped dates and toasted walnuts to the bowl with the grapefruit segments and combine together.
- Toss the mixture with the salad greens and feta cheese.
- Add the pomegranate juice to the bowl with the reserved grapefruit juice.
- Now add the grapefruit zest, white wine vinegar, and olive oil. Stir together thoroughly.
- Add the chopped parsley and drizzle over the salad.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!