Salmon with Moro Blood Orange & Honey/Maple Glaze
Maple syrup isn’t always easy to get hold of, but honey will do in a pinch to add a sweet touch to the tang and aroma of Moro blood oranges in the glaze for this fragrant and tasty salmon dish. It looks and tastes exotic, but it’s easy to make, adding color and nutrition to your everyday.
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup Moro blood orange juice freshly squeezed
- 2 whole Moro blood oranges thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rub the salmon fillets with a little of the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and a generous pinch of pepper.
- Add the Moro blood orange juice, honey or maple syrup, and soy sauce to a saucepan. Bring to a boil at a medium-high setting.
- Simmer until the glaze reduces by about half.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a baking dish and then add salmon.
- Pour the glaze over the salmon fillets, reserving a little.
- Top the fillets with the blood orange slices.
- Bake in the oven at a broil setting for about 15 minutes.
- Flip the blood orange slices about halfway through to avoid over browning, and brush salmon with the reserved glaze as you do.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!