Savory Lemon Rosemary Shortbread
Savory shortbread – it’s an innovative and gourmet take on the classic holiday cookie favorite. This version includes Parmesan cheese, fresh rosemary, and lemon zest and juicee, making it the perfect snack, or an accompaniment to soup or salad for lunch.
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 cup Unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
- Add the flour, salt, lemon zest, and chopped rosemary to a small bowl and whisk together.
- In another bowl, add the butter, powdered sugar, and cheese. Beat until the mixture is smooth and has a creamy texture.
- Continue to beat as you add the vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Add the flour mixture bit by bit, mixing only just enough to combine.
- The dough should be thick. Form it into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. It should be firm to the touch.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick and cut to desired shapes.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies should be very lightly browned around the edges -no more.
- Remove from oven and cool before serving.
You can keep these in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week. They can also be frozen and reheated.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!