Seared Tuna With Pink Lemon & Herb Infusion
Tuna steaks are a treat that deserves an elegant and flavorful presentation. The unique fragrance of pink lemons adds zest to the delightful combination of garlic and herbs in a wine sauce. All of it adds up to a meal fit for company.
- 4 tuna steaks 1” thick
- 3 tablespoons
- 2 pink lemons zest & juice
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet, and saute the garlic until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add the rosemary, basil, and pink lemon zest, and continue to saute over a medium-high setting for another 5 minutes or so.
- Distribute the herbs and garlic over the bottom of the pan, and place the tuna steaks on top. Sear the tuna until it is browned on both sides.
- Remove the tuna from the pan, and keep warm.
- Add the wine and pink lemon juice to the pan, stirring in any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook over a medium-low setting until the juices have reduced bit, or about 3 minutes.
- Add the tuna back into the pan and cook in the sauce until it reaches the desired level of doneness.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, with sauce drizzled on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!