Shrimp with Spicy Meyer Lemon Sauce
Here’s a flavorful modern take on the classic party hors d’oeuvre – the traditional shrimp cocktail with a contemporary flair. Here, your shrimp are infused with white wine and Meyer lemon while cooking, and then served with a luscious sauce made with Meyer lemons and zesty ginger. Fancy enough for company, but quick enough to make stellar finger food for a night on the couch.
- 3/4 cup Meyer lemon juice 1/2 + 1/4
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons ginger root chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1 + 1/2
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper 1 + 1/2
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups dry white wine Pinot Blanc or similar
- 2 pounds medium shrimp peeled & rinsed
- Measure 1/2 cut Meyer lemon juice, Dijon mustard, ginger, garlic, and brown sugar into a food processor or blender. Pulse until the mixture is smooth. You can also use a whisk to get the same effect.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- While still stirring the mixture continuously, add the oil little by little until thoroughly blended.
- Add the parsley.
- Transfer the sauce to a serving bowl and refrigerate.
- Measure the water, white wine, 1/4 cup Meyer lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper to a large pot at a medium high setting.
- Bring to a boil and add the shrimp.
- Cover immediately, and remove from the heat.
- Let the shrimp steep in the broth for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the broth, (which you can save to re-use with shrimp, fish, or other seafood,) and drop into a bowl of ice water.
- Serve cold with sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!