Sour Cream Lemon Pie
- Frozen single crust pie shell 9 inches
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 Lemons juice of (approximately 1/2 cup), + lemon peel (1 tablespoon); divided
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 Egg yolks lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons Butter cold, cubed
- 1 cup Sour cream
- Whipped cream optional
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Line the pie crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 8 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Remove foil and weights; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack, set aside.
- In a large saucepan whisk together the sugar and cornstarch. Gradually add the milk and lemon juice, still whisking until smooth. Turn the heat on to medium-high and continue to cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Reduce the heat to low; continue to stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- Remove a 1/4 cup of the hot mixture and place in a small bowl with the lightly beaten eggs. Whisk together, then pour the egg mixture back into the pot. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon peel and butter.
- Let cool (without stirring) on counter top for about 45 minutes. Stir in the sour cream, and pour into the pre made pie crust.
- Chill completely in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Top with whip cream and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!