Spicy Citrus Burgers with Blood Orange Ginger Chipotle Mayo
A combination of sweet and spicy flavors light up these burgers, served with blood orange ginger chipotle mayo. This recipe turns burgers into fare for family, friends, and company alike. You can grill them indoors when necessary, but they are best cooked on the barbecue.
- 2 lemons zest
- 1 Moro blood orange zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 dash hot sauce to taste
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon adobo chipotle chilies canned, chopped
- Zest the lemons and Moro blood orange using a fine grater. Squeeze the juice of one lemon and half the blood orange into the bowl.
- Add the minced garlic and a dash of hot sauce. Whisk together until well blended.
- Add the ground beef, and then the beaten egg.
- Use a fork to thoroughly combine the mixture, and form into patties.
- Grill outdoors with the lid open, or on an indoor grill, at a high temperature for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until thoroughly cooked, and there is no longer any pink in the middle.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and blend together thoroughly.
- Top the burgers with the mayo, and serve with or without a bun to taste.
Note: You can also substitute ground turkey for the beef in this recipe.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!