Spicy Lemon Fish Tacos
You don't need to get take-out when you can make delectable fish tacos right at home. This recipe combines tart lemon with a touch of spice to add flavor to the fish, with a peach-lime salsa to top it all off.
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 pound tilapia fillets or haddock
- 1 peach peeled & chopped
- 1 lime juice & zest
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- 8 hard corn taco shells warmed
- Melt the butter in a skillet at a medium setting. When the butter is hot, add the lemon zest and juice, garlic and chilli flakes.
- Saute for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add salt to taste.
- Add the fish, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until the fillets are golden brown on both sides.
- The fish should be flaky. Remove the fish from the skillet and set aside on a plate, pouring any juices left in the pan over it. Break into pieces with a fork.
- Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and toss together.
- You can make this the night before and leave in the fridge, covered, to allow the flavors to mix together more thoroughly.
- Assemble the tacos by layering the fish and salsa.
- Squeeze lemon or lime on top if you wish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!