Spicy Lemon Garlic Pork Loin Roast
The mild flavor of a pork loin roast gets a flavor boost with lemon juice and zest, garlic, and other herbs and spices. It’s a lively dish for a Sunday dinner, and impressive enough for guests. Serve it with a side of red cabbage, and egg noodles, and it will quickly become a go-to favorite.
- 2 pounds pork loin roast tied
- 4 cloves garlic quartered
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 8 carrots cut in half lengthwise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- With a sharp knife, cut a series of small slits into the roast, and insert the 16 garlic clove quarters all over the roast.
- Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped garlic, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, lemon zest and juice, oregano, and cayenne pepper to a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to an ovenproof skillet, and brown the meat on all sides, taking care not to dislodge the garlic cloves.
- Remove from the skillet.
- Stir the garlic/lemon/spice mixture thoroughly and pour it over the roast, rubbing the spices into all sides.
- Add the carrots to the skillet, and then place the roast on top.
- Roast uncovered in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and tent with foil. Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes. This allows the flavors to further infuse the meat.
- Cut into thin slices and serve with the carrots.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!