Spicy Lemon Pork Tenderloin
With its subtle flavor and butter soft texture, pork tenderloin is lean and delicious. Here, it gets a boost of vibrant flavor from fresh lemon juice and spices in a marinade that you can spoon over it as it bakes to add to the effect.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 6 garlic cloves chopped
- 4 pounds pork tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
The Night Before:
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, paprika, thyme, cayenne, and garlic in a large ziplock plastic bag. Shake to combine.
- Add the pork tenderloins and shake to coat each thoroughly.
- Squeeze out any air in the bag, and seal it.
- Refrigerate overnight (at least 6 to 8 hours).
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet.
- Remove the pork form the marinade and brown in the skillet at a high setting until the outside is browned all over, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once browned on all sides, transfer the tenderloins to a large shallow baking dish and roast in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- You can spoon a little of the marinade over them as the cook if you like.
- Remove from the oven and tent with foil. Allow the meat to rest under the foil for about 10 minutes before slicing into medallions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!