Spicy Ruby Grapefruit Marinade
This marinade is ideal for beef, (such as steaks, brochettes, or tougher cuts like flank or skirt steak,) shrimp, or lobster. Just cover your choice of protein in the marinade, and stir to coat evenly. Leave it in the fridge for at least two hours, and up to eight hours overnight. Stir once or twice during that period for evenly distributed flavor.
- 2 Star Ruby grapefruits
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Using a small, sharp knife, cut the zest off from the ruby grapefruits in small strips. Take care to cut as little of the bitter white pith as possible. Chop the zest into small pieces.
- Cut the grapefruits in half, and squeeze out the juice into a mixing bowl. You should get roughly 1 cup.
- Chop the fresh thyme.
- Add the grapefruit zest, thyme leaves, mustard, garlic, cayenne, and olive oil to the grapefruit juice in the mixing bowl.
- Whisk the ingredients together.
- Pour over meat or fish, marinate, and grill as desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!