Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Lemon And Garlic
Chicken dinner goes uptown with this delicious version of stuffed chicken breasts. The filling is spinach and feta with a lemony boost. The breasts are breaded, then drizzled with a lemon, butter, and garlic sauce for a rich and delectable meal that's fit for company.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 6-1/2 cups Baby spinach chopped
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Lemon zest & juice
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and lightly grease a shallow baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Add the spinach, garlic, and vinegar, and cook until the spinach has wilted. Remove the skillet from the burner and allow the spinach to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Stir the feta and lemon zest into the spinach mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- One at a time, place the chicken breasts on a piece of plastic wrap, folding the wrap over it. Use a kitchen mallet, flatten the breasts to about 1/4 inch.
- Spread 1/4 of the spinach mixture over each chicken breast, and roll them up, fastening the ends with toothpicks.
- Add the milk to a bowl.
- In a second bowl, add the breadcrumbs and Romano cheese.
- Dip each chicken breast first in the milk, and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Roll them and pat gently to get the breadcrumbs to stick.
- Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Once melted, stir in the lemon juice, and garlic, and pour it evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until cooked thoroughly.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!