Stellar Side Dishes – Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon, Garlic & Parmesan
When it comes to holidays and other special occasion feasts, you probably have a turkey or other big roast as the centerpiece of the meal. But, when it comes to the sides, you can’t cut corners and rely on the roast alone to carry the day. Your side dishes need to be tasty and delicious too, don’t forget – and there’s the matter of vegans who you want to impress as much as the meat eaters. Here is a dish that turns simple Brussel sprouts into a gourmet dish.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Lemon juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or Gruyere cheese grated
- pinch sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Trim the Brussels sprouts at the ends, and then slice them in half lengthwise. Place them in a large bowl.
- Add minced garlic and grated lemon zest to the bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the Brussels sprout mixture, and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Spread the mixture over a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake in the oven, turning after about 15 minutes. Bake a total of 25 to 30 minutes. The sprouts should be soft and golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven when done, and sprinkle on a little more lemon juice to taste.
- Top with grated cheese and serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!