Stellar Sides: Lemon Green Beans with Garlic, Rosemary & Parmesan
Green beans are a classic North American side dish, especially at holidays or for that delicious Sunday roast. But, there’s no need to serve them plain when you can dress them up in flavors. This dish adds lemon juice, garlic, and herbs, with a sprinkling of Parmesan to add texture and taste.
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large lemon zest & juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash and trim green beans.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boiling. Add green beans and blanche – boiling for about 2 minutes until the color is bright green.
- Drain the beans and cool them down again in a bowl of ice water. Once they’ve cooled, drain and set aside for now.
- Add the butter to a large skillet and melt at a medium high setting.
- Add the garlic and saute for 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- No add the beans and lemon juice to the pan and cook until the beans are tender-crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest, and rosemary, continuing to saute for another minute or so. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese just before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!