Sweet Potato & Grapefruit Pancakes
Here’s a gluten-free pancake recipe that is full of goodness. It’s based on a batter made with sweet potatoes and ricotta, with the tang of red grapefruit to add delicious flavor. Once they’re ready, a sweet syrup made with grapefruit juice and honey is the perfect topping.
- 2 cups sweet potatoes
- 1 ruby grapefruit zest & juice
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into cubes. Steam them over boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes until soft.
- Mash the cooked sweet potato with a fork, and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, add the grapefruit zest, ricotta, baking powder and eggs, and beat until blended.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan, and cook the pancakes in small rounds. Let them cook thoroughly before flipping very carefully to the other side.
- As you finish them, place them in a baking sheet in the oven at 200F to keep them warm while you finish the rest.
- When they’re done, add the honey and grapefruit juice to a small saucepan. Heat to boiling, then reduce the heat, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the syrup drizzled over the pancakes, and garnish with chopped mint leaves.
Note: Wrap any leftovers and store in the fridge. They’re just as good heated up the next morning.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!