Vegan Lemon Pasta
Here’s a creamy lemon pasta recipe that also happens to be vegan. It’s full of flavor, with a vegan version of Parmesan and garlicky goodness. It’s simple and perfect for any night of the week.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 2 teaspoons parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
Vegan Parmesan cheese:
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Boil the spaghetti in salted water until it is al dente. Drain, and set aside for now. (Begin the cheese and sauce while it is cooking to save time.)
- Vegan cheese:
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture is a fine meal.
- This will keep in your fridge for weeks.
- Add the olive oil to a pan and heat. When it is hot, add the minced garlic and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add half to 3/4 of the vegan Parmesan to the garlic, and stir together. Reserve the remaining vegan cheese for a topping.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and cashew milk, stirring as you do. Simmer at a low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Toss the spaghetti with the sauce, adding the parsley, and pine nuts.
- Serve, and use the remaining vegan Parmesan as a garnish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!