Vegan Lemon Pie
Even without delving into the whys and wherefores, there are many good reasons for going vegan...at least, some of the time. And, when the results are both delicious and camera-ready beautiful, there are few good reasons not to. This no-bake lemon pie is tangy and creamy, and brightens up your whole table.
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- pinch salt
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or other raw liquid sweetener
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or cocoa butter melted
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 lemons zested
Before you begin:
- Soak the raw cashews for the filling in cold water for four to six hours.
- When you are ready to bake, drain them, and set aside
- Pulse the ingredients in a food processor for about two minutes. The dough should stick together when you pinch it.
- Line an 8 to 9-inch pan with greaseproof paper.
- Spread the mixture over the bottom, using your hand to smooth it evenly over the pan.
- Add half the cashews, the lemon juice and zest, agave nectar, turmeric, and coconut oil to a blender or food processor. Blend for about three minutes, or until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Now, add the rest of the cashews, and blend until they are thoroughly mixed into the lemon cream. It should be very smooth in texture.
- Pour the lemon filling over the crust.
- Refrigerate for 8-12 hours or until the pie is set.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!