Wake The Dead Cocktail
It’s your Halloween party and the ghosts and ghouls have come to your dark abode for a drink and to admire each others’ spooky costumes. Here’s how to get the party started – with the Wake The Dead cocktail. It’s flavorful and carries the zesty bite of lemon juice and gin, balanced with simple syrup and Grand Marnier to add to its citrus y appeal.
- 4 ounces Gin
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 1 Lemon
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- 2 ounces Sauvignon Blanc
- Splash absinthe
- 4 maraschino cherries
- Measure the gin, Grand Marnier, absinthe, Sauvignon Blanc, and simple syrup into a large cocktail shaker.
- Juice the lemon, and add the freshly squeezed juice to the mixture.
- Add some ice, and shake for about 30 seconds.
- Strain and pour into two coupe glasses.
- Skewer two maraschino cherries on a cocktail stick – and don’t rinse them of their syrup. The red liquid will leave a spooky and bloody trail in the drink as it drips into the drink.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!