A Hot Toddy & Variations
A nice warm drink can be truly savored as the evenings get cooler. A classic hot toddy is light and refreshing, not too sweet, and just the thing to warm up your insides. It’s the perfect end to an evening, sipped slowly – ideal for both socializing and enjoying on your own.
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 1/2 ounces whiskey
- 3 teaspoons Honey
- 3 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1 lemon round
- 1 cinnamon stick to garnish
- 3/4 cup steeped black tea instead of water
- 1 1/2 ounces Bourbon dark rum, or brandy instead of whiskey
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar optional
- 3 teaspoons Maple syrup instead of honey
Bring the water to a light boil, and pour into a mug. If you are using tea, then boil the water, and add the tea bag.
Add the whiskey or spirits, honey or maple syrup, and lemon juice.
Stir briskly until the honey has dissolved. Discard the tea bag at this point, if you are using tea instead of plain water.
Add the apple cider vinegar, if you are using it.
Garnish with a round lemon slice and cinnamon stick.