Lemon and Garlic Grilled Vegetables
Grilling vegetables brings out their flavor in a way that can't be duplicated by boiling or other methods of cooking. When you grill, the true flavors mix and you can judge how tender or crispy you'd like them.
This dish adds lemon and garlic to an assortment of veggies, perfect for a side dish to grilled meats, chicken, or fish, and a delectable vegan main dish too.
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon basil dried
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 red peppers roasted and cut into strips
- 6 ounces portabello mushrooms sliced
- 1 purple onion large, cut in half and then into 1/2" slices
- 1 eggplant cut into 1" cubes
- 1 Zucchini cut into 1" slices
Use cooking spray to coat the grill, or brush lightly with olive oil.
Preheat the grill to a medium high setting.
Combine parsley, lemon juice, oil, garlic, and all seasonings in a bowl.
Add the vegetables and toss to coat them thoroughly.
You can marinate the veggies for up to 2 days, or grill right away.
Place the vegetable rack or a screen on the grill and then place the coated vegetables on the rack.
Grill for about 15 minutes, turning the basket or screen over frequently.
Veggies should be tender and slightly charred when done.